Another day and another–ho hum–$40,000 raised by Democratic Town Chair Mario Testa to fuel the party’s candidates this September and November.
Thursday night Testa hosted a fundraiser at his Madison Avenue restaurant filled with party friends, lawyers and contractors writing checks between $50 and $1,000. Former Lieutenant Governor Nancy Wyman, now Dem state party leader, schmoozed the crowd.
Testa will set a date soon, likely to be conducted in about four weeks, to endorse Democrats for a variety of offices, the biggest prize Joe Ganim who’s seeking another four-year term for mayor. He’s being challenged by Democrats State Senator Marilyn Moore and State Representative Charlie Stallworth.
Other seats on the line, Board of Education, city clerk, town clerk, City Council and city sheriff slots.
Moore has opened a campaign headquarters Downtown above Joseph’s Steakhouse on Fairfield Avenue. Ganim will open his headquarters Monday inside a Broad Street storefront across from the Downtown library.
Stevie had a great turnout , Mario kept asking me to come into the kitchen so he can show me his (Catelli Bothers) Veal Mallet.
Joe looks like one of those porn stars from the fifties, or he swallowed a dog up to its tail.
I told Stevie A. That Marilyn Moore had much more people at her fundraiser, he said “he knew that, he was there , that’s because Joe lost some of his luster when he ran for Governor” we both agreed.
The ziti was cold, the beer was flat, the scrap metal money was flowing in, all cash!
I knew two FBI agents, from the FBI golf outing I go to every year, we just nodded.
I like to know who Comped the FBI?
Jim Fox is funny as hell. You just can’t take that away from him. 🙂
I wonder how the book sales were for Stevie A. book “Ass Kissing 101 for Dummies.”
“These are the things Stevie A. didn’t learn in Kindergarten:
1. Share everything.
2. Play fair.
3. Don’t hit people.
4. Put things back where you found them.
5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.
6. Don’t take things that aren’t yours.
7. Say you’re SORRY when you HURT somebody.
8. Wash your hands before you eat.
10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
11. Live a balanced life – learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
12. Take a nap every afternoon.
13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.
14. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
15. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup – they all die. So do we.
16. And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned – the biggest word of all – LOOK.”
Justing coming in from downtown Thursday which was canceled yesterday and moved from yesterday to today vert good time. Anyhow go Moore!!!!!!