From the Discovery Museum:
On August 21st, parts of the United States will see a total solar eclipse! Discovery Museum is thrilled to help NASA track and gather data from the eclipse using high-altitude balloons. Stop by the Museum to learn more about eclipses, the tracking activities, our solar system, and more!
Visit the Museum August 14th through 21st and receive a free pair of eclipse glasses with each paid admission ticket, courtesy of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory!
Discovery’s exciting eclipse-related activities include:
• High-altitude balloon launch–In collaboration with team members from Discovery and the University of Bridgeport on location in Kentucky, we will launch a high-altitude balloon and live stream the event in our Energize CT Theater (click here for more information)
• Eclipse viewing (with special eyewear only!)
• Planetarium shows and live space science demos
• Use a spectroscope to see the light spectrum–a rainbow of fun!
• Eclipse crafts and make-and-takes
Many thanks to our event sponsors including: Connecticut Space Grant Consortium, Girl Scouts of Connecticut, and University of Bridgeport.