Mayor Joe Ganim has released an initial list of appointees who will join him in City Hall including the retired FBI agent Ed Adams, who had investigated him, directing the new city office of Government Accountability and Integrity. Most of these positions according to the pay scale published in the latest city budget book are in the $100-$130K range. Ganim became mayor once again 12:01 am Tuesday. He will receive the oath of office Tuesday night at the Klein Memorial Auditorium, 910 Fairfield Avenue. From Ganim:
– Former FBI agent Edward Adams who will serve as senior adviser to the Mayor and Director of Governmental Accountability and Integrity
– State Representative Charles Stallworth (D-126) who is also pastor of the East End Tabernacle and president of the Interdenominational Ministers’ Alliance who will serve as Senior Adviser to the Mayor and Director of Community Outreach and Diversity.
– Daniel Roach, Bridgeport Police Commissioner, longtime community leader and former City Councilman and Ganim 2015 campaign manager as Senior Adviser to the Mayor and Director of City Operations and Government Affairs.
– Alma Maya, outgoing Bridgeport Town Clerk, who will be joining the Ganim Administration as a senior adviser to the Mayor.
– Lissette Colon, former chief of staff to Superintendent of Bridgeport Public Schools and veteran civil servant, will temporarily be on loan from her position as head of recruitment for the Bridgeport Public Schools to join the mayor’s staff as a senior adviser.
– John Ricci, former Sikorsky airport manager, will join the administration as Director of Public Facilities.
– Kenneth Flatto, former Fairfield First Selectman and veteran government finance officer will be joining the administration as Director of Finance for the city of Bridgeport.
– John Gomes, former Bridgeport Deputy Chief Administrative Officer will be joining the administration as Acting Chief Administrative Officer;
– Gina Malheiro, veteran paralegal and finance director for Ganim for Bridgeport 2015 will be joining the administration as Deputy Chief Administrative Officer.
– Tom Gaudett, Ganim 2015 campaign treasurer and Bridgeport public school teacher, will be joining the administration as aide to the Mayor for Operations and Constituency Services.
“I am very proud to announce the first set of appointments to the Mayor’s office in Bridgeport,” said Mayor Ganim. “The team leading our efforts in the mayor’s office will be the best team to move Bridgeport forward. We will be a transparent government, accessible and accountable to our citizens. Bridgeport’s government will be clean and effective; the voices of every citizen, community and neighborhood will be heard and represented. I will have a team that is diverse–made up of young people and seasoned veterans, and most of all they will be the best professionals in their fields, dedicated to improving the quality of life in our city.”