The full City Council will vote on Mayor Bill Finch’s proposed budget Monday May 7, according to an email circulated by City Council President Tom McCarthy Monday night to legislative peers that details budget committee schedule and full council vote. McCarthy’s email:
There is a change to the Budget schedule. The full City Council vote on the General Fund budget is being moved from Saturday to Monday. So the General Fund vote will now take place at the regular City Council meeting on Monday. So there will NOT be a full City Council meeting on Saturday. The new schedule is:
1. Budget Committee Capital Plan vote (Monday, April 30, 2012 6pm)
2. Full City Council vote on Capital plan (Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 at 7pm. This is the full Council so everyone has to be there.)
3. Budget Committee meetings every night this week
4. Budget Committee vote on General Fund Budget (Friday, May 4, 2012 6pm)
5. Regular City Council meeting on Monday, May 7, 2012 6:30pm public speaking and 7pm full Council meeting (Full City Council vote on General Fund at this meeting).
Thanks. Tom Mc
Mayor Bill Finch’s spending plan calls for a 2.7 mil increase to help finance $7 million more for city schools. The mayor’s budget will increase the tax bill of the average city homeowner by more than $400.