Want to be a member of the Board of Education? You must be registered with the Connecticut Working Families Party as the replacement for the resigned John Bagley. Interviews will take place November 13. Check out the vacancy posting for details.
BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCY POSTING
Any interested individual applying for the existing vacancy on the Bridgeport Board of Education will submit a letter of interest and resume to:
The Office of the Superintendent, 45 Lyon Terrace, Bridgeport, CT 06604, room 203, Attention: Dawn Cole, Executive Administrative Assistant to Superintendent or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12 noon.
INTERVIEWS: WILL BE HELD ON Thursday, November 13, 2014 from 5:30- until
· Resident Of The City of Bridgeport
· Elector (Registered Voter-Working Families Party)*
· Advocate For Bridgeport Public Schools
· Regularly attend evening Board of Education meetings (Regular, Special, Emergency) scheduled throughout the year
· Remain current on issues and policy changes being considered
· Read documents sent In paper form and electronically
· Actively participate in board deliberations and votes
· Commitment of a minimum of ten to fifteen hours a week on board related duties
· Review Board Policy on Code of Ethics 9271
ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INTERVIEWED IN PUBLIC BY THE BOARD OF EDUCATION
* Charter Of The City Of Bridgeport Chapter Fifteen, Section 1(d) & CGS 9-167a(d)