News release from Mayor’s Office:
Mayor Ganim and the Bridgeport Police Department are advising residents and visitors of heavy traffic that is expected in the City’s Downtown and South End for the “Sound on Sound” music festival which will be held at Seaside Park next weekend. Residents who live near Seaside Park and the festivals access points are encouraged to plan accordingly. The City asks our community to be patient and understand that these traffic delays may occur for this historic event.
The music festival takes place on Saturday, September 30 and Sunday, October 1. However, please note that the following detours and closures will take place starting Friday, September 29 and ending Sunday, October 1. All detours, closures, and no-parking areas are subject to change:
Routes Open to Local Traffic:
- Park Ave will be open for local traffic from Railroad Ave to Perry Memorial Archway; traffic will be regulated but expect delays
- Lafayette Street from Railroad Ave to Gregory St
- Cole St (entrance on Iranistan Ave)
- Alsace St (entrance on South Ave)
No Parking Areas:
- South Ave from Iranistan Ave to Barnum Dyke on both sides
- Iranistan Ave from South Ave (south) to Atlantic Street on both sides
- Park Ave from Gregory St (south) to the Arches on both sides
- Lafayette St at Railroad Ave (south) to University Ave on both sides
- Main St at Ferry Access Rd (south) to University Ave on both sides
- Broad St from Allen St (south) to University Ave
Residential Parking Only areas will be in Seaside Village and along Soundview Drive from Main St. All others will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Main St and Broad St will be closed to all traffic from Total Mortgage Arena to Soundview Drive. Soundview Drive will be closed and open only for emergency access.
The beach will remain open to residents.
Festival visitors who intend to travel in the Downtown area should plan extra time for parking and transport. To avoid congested areas of traffic, visitors are encouraged to arrive early, carpool, ride the Metro-North Railroad New Haven line, or the Port Jefferson Ferry.
For more information, on Festival Travel and Parking, visit the Sound-on-Sound website at: www.soundonsoundct.com
Follow the City of Bridgeport on social media for updates:
City of Bridgeport: www.twitter.com/CityofBptCT