After a nearly 30-year run, Paul Timpanelli is planning to retire late this summer as president and chief executive officer of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council. The organization that is funded by business memberships has started the process for a replacement. The salary range is $140,000 to $170,000. You can apply here.
Job description posted on the website of the Connecticut Association of Nonprofits.
The Bridgeport Regional Business Council (BRBC) is seeking a dynamic, visionary leader to manage and motivate a seasoned staff and committed group of volunteers to achieve the strategic goals determined by the Board of Directors. BRBC serves a highly diverse regional community of business and civic organizations.
· Advocate for the business community; promote pro-business growth and support initiatives, policies and legislative efforts at the local, state and federal levels that are pro-business and economic growth.
· Lead efforts to establish regional partnerships.
· Play a leadership role in economic development.
· Ensure membership growth and development.
· Develop and implement strategic plan in conjunction with Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
· Manage an effective and efficient organization.
· Sustain a financially viable organization through the development of an annual budget and longer term strategies, ensuring revenue growth beyond annual membership dues.
Applications will be accepted beginning on March 17, 2016 and will continue until April 22, 2016. All responses are considered confidential.
The BRBC is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To apply, email resume with cover letter describing interest and salary requirements by April 22, 2016 to the attention of Mary Beth Nelsen, Chair, BRBC Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org